This online workshop is brought to you by Okotoks & District Chamber of Commerce and Okotoks Business Association
Presented by Bonnie Eckert MBA, PMP, PROSCI Change Management Specialist
This workshop will address businesses at any stage of the process. Actionable tools from start to finish. E.g., tools for risk assessments, workflow and process analysis; training; mitigation planning, communications; creation of metrics and ongoing evaluation; policy writing or updating; space reconfiguration and feasibility analysis.
In addition to Alberta government guidance, Bonnie will reference work being done in places like Taiwan, in organizations Disney, and by scientists around the globe.
For transmission Control, there are three categories to consider:
-Barriers (masks, plexiglass partitions, Captain America’s shield)
-Distance (2 metres apart markers, touchless and low-touch solutions, curbside pick up, automated entrances, etc)
-Killing the virus (handwashing, disinfecting surfaces, isolating items long enough any virus on them will die)
With the nature of the virus in mind, we will use the workshop to:
1. Walk through our businesses first wearing our risk assessment hats
2. Once risks are identified, we look for mitigation strategies by considering best practices
3. We then assess the costs (initial plus ongoing) and effort required to implement these mitigation measures as well as a study of how revenues will be effected
4. We will consider timing. Maybe it’s yes to re-opening, but a month out makes more sense than right away
5. The final product will be a document that outlines who needs to do what, when for the business to open, remain open and respond to changing information